Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Heart is Heavy and Sad

I hope your month is going better than mine.
 
I don't know how much more I can take right now. All I see around me are greed and corruption and fear and hate. Power gone mad. The tragedy in Japan, compounded by the potentially worse tragedy if things go wrong-er at the nuclear plants. Cheating and lies and cronyism and intimidation and willful disregard for others' well-being.

An acquaintance of my husband's was murdered - shot - yesterday, along with her two children, by her drunken ex-fiance, who then committed suicide.

My own doctor's office tried to cheat me out of money that they are not legally allowed to collect. And because of the way it happened, I'm certain that they are doing the same thing to other people, who are probably paying because they don't know any better. I actually had to get my insurance company to step in to fix it for me.

So my next couple of blog posts will be about health insurance as it works in the US and how to make sure that YOU are not getting ripped off by unscrupulous billing.

No comments:

Post a Comment