Friday, February 11, 2011

The sweet feel of success


My clothes fit comfortably again, the way I like them to.

I've written earlier about the weight I gained last summer, and how I was afraid 4 lbs would turn to 8. To make a long story short, that's exactly what happened. That's almost a clothing size, and I HATE when my clothes are tight!

It's such a cliché, but I used January 1 to get serious about getting back where I want to be. For me, body size really is about calories in vs. calories out. I use the VidaOne MyPersonalDiet program to track it all [shameless plug for a great product]. It has a desktop version and a mobile version, so it's easy. Like so many other areas of life, attention is ¾ of the effort. Knowing that a workout is the difference between meeting my goal for the day and NOT meeting my goal for the day is a great extra motivator to get me to the gym. At which point I get all the other benefits of exercise as well.

Importantly, I have been able to keep the correct food balance so I don't ever really feel hungry or out of whack mentally. I also have enough energy for my workouts.

The best part is, I'm on a roll now (the 8 lbs are GONE) and I am focusing on the additional 3 lbs that just never want to go. It's always a good idea to take advantage of momentum!



No comments:

Post a Comment