Monday, September 20, 2010

Keeping It Real

I have noticed a tendency to shy away from writing here when I am in the middle of dealing with something in my life. What's that about? What I tell myself is that no one wants the messy details. The truth, however, is that this is a tool to help me, and I have a long history of amassing tools that I do not use.

The downfall is that when I write about it later, there's no immediacy. Looking back does not have the passion that the moment does. The bloodless recounting is boring.

So. Today, I am upset about the fact the my fabulous new eating habits are making me put on weight. To make a very long story short, I am constantly vigilant about this because otherwise I would weight a LOT more than I do. I know this, because I used to, with all the concomitant effects: high blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.

This means I have to step back into the practice of logging food and exercise, and get myself back where I want to be before 4 pounds turns into 8. And that I have to balance my new eating habits against calorie intake. This is a big part of what threw me into the frenzy I just wrote about.

I'll try to spare you the tedious details and instead keep this blog focused on what matters more: how I feel and how I manage the spiritual side of being in my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment